The Nevada Veterinary Medical Association (NVMA) was established on January 30, 1919 to further the interests of the veterinary profession in the state of Nevada. We are a volunteer-driven organization representing the veterinary professionals of Nevada - Veterinarians, Licensed Veterinary Technicians and other individuals involved in the veterinary profession. The NVMA is the only statewide veterinary association dedicated to the promotion and protection of the veterinary profession.
The NVMA is a proactive group of professionals representing each aspect of veterinary medicine – clinical practice, public health, academia and corporate. NVMA members are determined to work together to advance the science and art of veterinary medicine.
NVMA exists to:
- Enhance animal health and welfare.
- Promote the human/animal bond.
- Protect public health.
- Foster excellence in veterinary medicine through education, advocacy and outreach.
For animal owners the NVMA can:
- Help you find a veterinarian or specialist in your area.
For Nevada the NVMA helps to:
- Protect human and animal health.
- Educate members and the public on animal health issues.
For veterinarians NVMA offers:
- Professional Development