The Mission of the Nevada Veterinary Medical Association is:
To improve the health and welfare of our patients, to further the professional development of our members and to provide resources and leadership for the benefit of the veterinary profession and the citizens of Nevada.
The Nevada Veterinary Medical Association (NVMA) was established on
January 30, 1919 to further the interests of the veterinary profession
in the state of Nevada. We are a volunteer-driven organization
representing the veterinary professionals of Nevada - Veterinarians,
Licensed Veterinary Technicians and other individuals involved in the
veterinary profession. The NVMA is the only statewide veterinary
association dedicated to the promotion and protection of the veterinary
The NVMA is a proactive group of professionals representing each
aspect of veterinary medicine â€“ clinical practice, public health,
academia and corporate. NVMA members are determined to work together to
advance the science and art of veterinary medicine.
NVMA exists to:
- Enhance animal health and welfare
- Promote the human/animal bond
- Protect public health
- Foster excellence in veterinary medicine through education, advocacy and outreach.
For animal owners the NVMA can:
- Help you find a veterinarian or specialist in your area.
For Nevada the NVMA helps to:
- Protect human and animal health
- Educate members and the public on animal health issues
For veterinarians NVMA offers:
- Professional Development